Fruit Logistica in Berlin (3-5 February 2016) is one of the most important meeting places for salad, vegetable and fruit processors. A wide audience used the annual event to gain a comprehensive overview of the market and to learn about the latest trends.
On this year's Kronen booth visitors experienced a large and varied offer of the Kronen machine program. Especially the live demonstrations of the many new developments with customer-oriented applications and solutions encountered keen interest and led to a very positive feedback.
The attractive Kronen exhibition area was also a successful result of synergy between Kronen and its cooperating partners JFPT Foodlife, ZTI Mechatronics and GKS packaging.
The culinary specialities – freshly prepared by the gourmet chefs Wolfgang Blum and Andreas Eigner – proved to be another crowd-puller. Some of the delicious recipes have been published in the previous annual Kronen calendars.
A large number of trade visitors were especially interested in the Kronen novelties:
1. UVC-Lock Germ reduction lock
… has been developed for surface disinfection of
packaging materials such as boxes, crates, tools, etc. in close
cooperation with the Swiss company sterilAir® (CH-Weinfelden).
Use with food depends on the legislation in the country of the user.
The UVC-Lock is equipped with the latest UVC technology (hybrid tubes of sterilAir®) and thus combines the high demand for sturdiness, flexibility and easy maintenance.
An adequate microbiological sterility of packaging materials and storage
containers is one of the most important prerequisites for the durability and hygiene of foodstuffs especially in the salad, vegetable and fruit processing industry.
The UVC treatment with sterilAir® components disinfects safely and reliably: without heat, undesirable additives, residues and within a very short time.
The DNA of germs is destroyed by the UVC treatment, i.e. contact and smear infections can be prevented effectively.
Benefits are obvious:
2. KWT 16 Weighing table & pedestal with a single head weigher for packaging machines
- Drying of containers (such as after spray disinfection) is no longer necessary.
- The UVC-Lock is best suited for application in between two separate rooms, e.g. low and high care areas..
- All materials in the size range of 50 x 50 x 20 mm up to 550 x 300 mm can gently be moved through the UVC-Lock. Thanks to the efficient arrangement of the UVC tubes, an almost complete radiation area is guaranteed.
- The fully enclosed UVC-Lock housing with cover is made of stainless steel and guarantees the safe use of UVC radiation.
- The intuitive color touch screen has a user-friendly interface.
- Long UV emitter replacement intervals and exemplary low energy consumption underline the economic efficiency of the system. Due to their very low emitter temperature, sterilAir® UV components are ideally suited for the treatment of heat-sensitive products.
This pedestal includes a single head weigher for the ergonomic weighing and filling in conjunction with a GKS packaging machine CP 350 or UP 350. Different products such as vegetables, fruit, salads, baked goods, raw vegetables, sweets (also non-food products) can be weighed, filled and packaged in representative bags.
The stainless steel pedestal is adapted to the height of the packaging machine and is equipped with safety borders and railings. The mixing table with the integrated single head weigher is arranged in ergonomic height and easily accessible by stairs. The large weighing container with a 16 liter volume is perfectly suited to the weighing of all leaf salads, i.e. Lollo Bionda up to 1 kg.
The packaging machine CP 350 or UP 350 thus can easily and functionally be filled and operated from the above.
3. Mango Peeler-de-Cheeker (ZTI Mechatronics)
… peels the mango and removes the „cheeks“ in one cycle. Once the fruit has been positioned the machine takes the mango by the stone and it passes through the peeling and destoning stations.
The mango is a very tender fruit and so demands special care in processing. Conventional peeling methods fail to provide the desired result, as the fruit is often damaged. Due to the unique processing method, the Mango Peeler-de-Cheeker holds the fruit not on the outside, by the fruit, but by the stone.
During the subsequent peeling process the mango is peeled along the fruit. The result of this peeling method offers an “appearance to hand-peeled”, clean and smooth surface of the fruit. After peeling, the mango is de-cheeked, i.e. divided into two halves. This unique processing method increases the shelf-life of the product.
WE THANK ALL VISITORS FOR THEIR INTEREST AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEE YOU IN BERLIN IN 2017!